Tuesday, November 8

Oops! I made a mistake.

I made a minor mistake. I have attended classes, enjoyed class, and have taken great notes, I just forgot to blog about them.  For week five:

In class we talked about Love.  There are four different types of love: Eros, Agape, Storge, and Philia.

Eros: romance, passion, and sexual arousal
Agape: is "Christian love", where one is able to act on behalf of one's feelings.
Storge: is a parent-child love
Philia: is brotherly love, or friendship love

What is more important in a relationship? I believe that all of these types of love are essential in a relationship. Maybe some more than others depending on the person.  For me in a a relationship, I would want me and my spouse to be friends able to laugh and communicate(philia), to serve one-another give up our needs for each other (agape), and to have romance (eros). I feel that all of these types of love combined you create a quality relationship.

As a young single adult I am preparing for marriage, for commitment, for a wholesome relationship. I need to look for a man that I have a physical attraction to, similar hobbies, same religious beliefs, and values.  Brother Williams said, "If he doesn't have enough leadership to go on a date, he doesn't have enough leadership in the home." Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment