Tuesday, November 8

Intimacy

Week seven:

I never thought of intimacy as being emotional.  I find that I have relationships with people, but have not realized the emotional attachment that I have to them. For me an emotional attachment does not have a negative connotation. To me it means trust, personal, intimate, friendship, and love.  It can become negative if it is used incorrectly with members of the opposite sex, within a marriage.

An emotional attachment is created when we share something deep with someone we create an emotional intimacy with them.  Sometimes people create a misattribution.  I feel something but, I attribute it to the wrong thing.  I thought this attachment theory was fascinating! It is true and it helped me realized my relationship with others and how to strengthen them or create better boundaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment