Wednesday, December 7

Parenting

This is my topic.  I have been studying this topic for a long time.  I have learned that I can study it as much as I want, but the true test of parenting will be when I have children.

I hope and plan to be an authoritative parent. Trust in the Lord, and work with my spouse to teach our children the doctrine and principles of the Lord that they may learn to trust in Him and govern themselves.

"To you who are parents, I say, show love to your children. You know you love them, but make certain they know it as well.  They are so precious.  Let them know.  Call upon Heavenly Father for help as you care for their needs each day as you deal with challenges which inevitably come with parenthood. You need more than your own wisdom in rearing them."

To me this means that I need to rely on the Lord in all things, it won't be easy but it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment