Wednesday, December 7

Fatherhood

Fathers have a crucial role in the family to provide, preside, and protect. I've learned that I see things in my own home that I miss and want to change. I can't change the past, but I can create the future.


In my own future family I envision taking an active role to support my spouse the be a positive and involved in the lives of my children.  Here are the ideas I’ve come up with:

Family Counsel - I plan to have weekly family counsel that is a positive atmosphere.  Each family member will be able to express their needs to Mom and Dad.  Each family member will also be able to share their expectations of each family member. 

Husband&Wife - I think in order to be good parents, you have to be a good couple. You need to take time away from the kids and to be husband-and-wife.  When you feel complete and happy in your relationship you provide stability for your family. With this stability you will be more willing to take an active role in your kids life.  

Time - Dad, take the time to be intentional with your kids. It’s not about quantity time, it’s about quality time.  Know your kids and their interests.  You can be a good parent, by knowing what your kids like to do and they will love you more for wanting to get to know them better.  

Physical Affection - I find that there is no such thing as too much physical affection, there is such thing as material affection.  Fathers, tell your kids you love them, show you love them. Shower them with hugs and kisses and they will love you for it. 

These are areas in my home that I want to succeed in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment